Welcome to the one of the stops of the 2015 Summer Blogger Promo Tour, hosted by The Book Bratz! This is a summer-long tour where we’ll be introducing you to different book bloggers and their awesome blogs every Sunday – if you’re interested in learning more about the tour, click here!
Today I will be featuring Ana from
Name ten authors you would
love to meet in person
Hello Book Nerd Canada followers! My name is Ana and I am so excited to be on Giselle’s blog today! Giselle asked me to share ten authors that I’d love to meet in person. I’ve been incredibly lucky to have met so many of my favorite authors such as Megan Duke, Rainbow Rowell, and Marie Lu so this list also doubles as a sort of bucket list as well. I hope to meet everyone I name one day- hopefully sooner than later!
- J.K Rowling – I doubt anyone is surprised about her being on the list. Like millions of others, I absolutely adore Harry Potter and would love to have a conversation with the brilliant author behind the series.
- Cassandra Clare – The Mortal Instruments series resparked my love for books after a 4 year long reading slump! Meeting Cassie would be so much fun, especially with the series being adapted as a TV show!
- Rick Riordan – Percy Jackson was my post Harry Potter obsession. Before discovering Rick’s books I would constantly reread HP, so finding a new series that captured my attention was pretty hard. However, Percy Jackson was an incredible series so I continued on to read all of Rick’s other series. I also think he’ll be pretty funny so that’s a plus.
- Rick Yancey – Funnily enough, Rick Yancey lives in the same state as me, but I’ve never been able to attend any of his events. I found his book The Fifth Wave so fast paced and captivating and I’m extremely excited for the movie!
- John Green – Another cliché author, but I think that John and his brother Hank are super smart and extremely hilarious!
- Colleen Hoover – I read her book Hopeless within 12 hours (I was interrupted by school). I started around 1 am and finished at 1 pm. Needless to say it was so worth the sleepless night.
- Lori Powell – Lori is actually the first author who sent me her book to review and I adore her and the book! Unfortunately I would have to travel across the Atlantic Ocean to meet her but I think it’ll be worth it one day!
- Veronica Roth – Divergent is the latest craze, but the main reason I would like to meet Veronica is because she seems to be very sweet and down to earth.
- Holly Black – My sister and I have fond memories of reading the Spiderwick series aloud together. I would love to thank Holly because, as lame as it sounds, those are memories I cherish.
- Ransom Riggs – Although I haven’t read his books yet, I am excited to read them and see the movie. Plus him and Tahareh are literally the cutest YA author couple ever!
Thanks Giselle for having me on your blog!!