Best In Books 2012
1. Best Book You Read In 2012
Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
Awkward by Marni Bates
2. Book you were Excited about & Thought you were going to Love more but didn’t?
What’s Left of Me by Kat Zhang left me feeling vaguely unimpressed. Great concept, boring execution..
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
Sadly, I haven’t discovered a new series that I was in love with this year..Maybe next year?
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Melina Marchetta, and Paolo Bacigalupi
7. Best book that was out of your comfort
zone or was a new genre for you?
Christian fiction definitely. Interrupted: Life Beyond Words by Rachel Coker was a surprisingly amazing read and written so beautifully.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi *hands down*
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are
Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
Look at that gorgeous illustration..It embodies the entire story. LOVE IT! <3
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
Anastasia Steele from Fifty Shades of Grey.. Only because she wouldn’t stop talking about her “inner goddess” which drove me insane.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness most definitely. It was thought provoking, heart wrenching and emotional.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited
UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness again for the reason above.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From
A Book You Read In 2012?
You do not write your life with words, the monster said. You write it with actions. What you think is not important. It is only important what you do.” A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You
Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It?
(a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a
steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book
You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012
From An Author You Read Previously
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based
SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Beauty Queens by Libba Bray was a DNF the first time around, but I picked it up again and I’m glad I did. It was hilarious!
Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2012
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012?
Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner‘s blog is just so fun. I love her posts, and she always something wonderful to say. Her personality is also so energetic and it shows.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2012?
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James ended up being a rant about how much I disliked the characters, the plot, and the writing. It was also the easiest to write..
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
I don’t have discussion posts on my blog..YET..
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion
you read on somebody else’s blog?
Any discussion post from Parajunkee of course.
5. Best event that you participated in
(author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Going to Word on the Street Festival
..and the Ontario Book Blogger Meet-Up
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2012?
When any author tweets me back and links to my reviews/posts.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog
(whether it be by comments or views)?
Not including giveaway posts, THE NEWBIE’S GUIDE TO BOOK BLOGGING is my number one section on the blog!
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Any or all of my reviews that have zero comments 🙁
9. Best bookish discovery (book related
sites, book stores, etc.)?
I also had to share this wonderful Indigo store that I found my friends Anna and Lucy told me about. Their teen section is so bright and colourful.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Only one this year! 224/220 books read :O
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012
But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
I haven’t decided yet, but I am hoping to get through Anna and the French Kiss!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
Requiem by Lauren Oliver of course 😀
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish
Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
Re-design the layout and theme it so it’s suited more to my personality! It’ll take a long long time, but I’m sure it will be worth it.
Drop by the rest of the surveys below