I stole the car from my sister so I can get to Laini Taylor’s signing, and I didn’t know what time to get there by so I left earlier than usual.
My friend Melissa was there at the exact same time as I was, so we ended up grabbing seats together. Though, I had to leave right away because I was off to a little outing with Laini and the other bloggettes!
We had some yummy nachos and dip for snacks and were able to talk to Lani in a more casual and friendly atmosphere. I asked her if she liked Toronto and if it was her first time in Canada. And she said it was, and Toronto is great, but she was sad that she couldn’t see all of the city.
The conversation turned into the most random topics like wedding proposals and horror movies! I pretty much went back and forth listening to Lani and talking with the other bloggettes. The hour went by fast, and then we headed back to Chapters.
Lani and Chandra came onstage and talked a but about her book. It was so great to see Chandra interview her as well.
Here are some of my notes from the interview on stage with Chandra:
- Stephanie Perkins is writing a new horror novel
- Laini’s books are being turned into movies.
- Goes to hotel rooms and writes her stories. Sat at her desk for 23 hours at the beach writing the entire book except the epilogue.
- She is a perfectionist. Trying to organize and plan everything. It was too scary to move forward, defining her at every turn.
- Her characters are so vividly alive they feel real.
- She revises as she keeps writing and has Spontaneous writing modes.