I felt like blogging has become a little stagnant. And I was wondering how to make it more fun. Soo, I got this idea, while watching Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movie to create a traveling book nerd scrapbook!
What better way to introduce yourself to other book nerds than by something you can hold and read? I love this idea because it’s something physical we can all share and read.
How it works
- I’d start with a scrapbook album. I was thinking of the mini one to keep costs down. The size is 8×8, so it’s smaller, but also more compact. (The colourful one that I grabbed isn’t necessarily the one we’ll be using.)
- Fill out a page that will include a mini bio, pictures of your bookshelves, Twitter account or email address, your blogger or BookTube business card, favourite book quotes, which book you’re reading at the moment, which book you’re highly anticipating, anything you want really can go on the page 😀
- Send the scrapbook to another fellow book nerd.
- The next person would pass it on and so forth until it comes back around.
- This way we have something personal and more fun to read!
Let’s be Creative!
We can all be creative and as artsy as we want to be. No need to spend too much on our scrapbook pages. You can doodle on the pages, add stickers, the sky’s the limit! Every time a blogger passes the scrapbook along, I will have them notify me that the scrapbook is in their hands so I know it’s not lost 🙂
- You will be responsible for sending the scrapbook to the next personal. That will include shipping.
- Please keep the scrapbook clean and PG rated.
- You can live anywhere in the world as long as the person who has the scrapbook is willing to ship to you next. For example it can stay within Canada for a month, then someone will send it to the USA afterwards.
Spread the word?
Let’s use the hashtag
so we can help kickstart the conversation!
I wanna sign up!
Please sign up only if you’re willing to commit to the project. I will send an email to everyone with more details. You don’t have to be a book blogger or a BookTuber, the only requirement is that you love books.
In the URL text box
- If you have a blog, place your book blog’s URL.
- If you have Twitter, place your account name. If you don’t then please just put my blog’s address: http://booknerd.ca.
- If you’re a BookTuber, place your YouTube channel link.
Sign-ups close July 1st, 2015
When you sign-up, please include your
- Email Address (to get in touch with you)
- Country in ( )